Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Examen

Learnt Examen (a form of prayer) from Children Sunday Worship. We tried to teach children to do an examen every night before they go to bed. I find that prayer is not limited to children, it really helps me to get close to God, to become more aware of His presence during my daily life.

Below is the step-by-step guide for Examen:

(1) Be silent – take a deep breath and then breath slowly to focus your attention on God’s presence in you and with you.

(2) Answer the below three questions in your mind:

(a) When was I happiest today and why?

(b) When was I sad or mad today and why?

(c) Is there anything I am sorry about today?

(3) Think about your answers and listen to what God may be saying to you.

(4) Close your prayer by telling God ANYTHING and say goodbye to God.

1 comment:

Karen Leung said...

what a wonderful and simple way to pray. thanks for sharing, Alice.

may we continue to learn to how to pray more effectively!